Monday, April 6, 2009

HALLELUJAH!

HALLELUJAH! HALLELUJAH! Hallelujah Hallelujah! HalleeeeeeeeeluJAH!

I have reason to rejoice today because Tyler has become the voice of reason in this house. Just when I was starting to doubt myself, considering that maybe, just maybe, I’m difficult to get along with and that I ask too much of my fellow humans, Tyler came along and set me straight.

As I was chopping up veggies for stir fry and chatting with Tyler I couldn’t help but ask about the disturbing images from earlier in the day. When I left the house in the morning, Tyler and Slumdog were sitting at the kitchen table having a civilizied chat about The Artist’s Way. I thought, oh no, I’m losing her…

Try as I might, I couldn’t help myself as I continued to slice up carrots… “So, you and Rubi had a nice chat abut the Artist’s Way this morning…?”

“Well, yea, sort of. For a little while,” she said, making it sound much less serious than it had seemed.

We continued to chat and I said more than I intended. I didn’t want her to feel dumped on, or in the middle of a big mess, but it seems that Slum has already put her in that position.

“She [Slum] is definitely very opinionated,” she said.

Yes, go on…

“And I feel like she is trying to get me on ‘her side.’ Do you know what I mean?”

“Oh, well yes, it was predicted that she would go out of her way make a friend out of you,” I said.

She continued saying that she “gets it” and that it’s clear that Slum is very immature, hence her tight relationship with Mariana, who, let’s face it, she could have given birth to.

We sat down, ate stir fry together, and continued chatting about other things. I really enjoy her company. She’s funny and she thinks I’m funny, and we can make reference to t.v. show’s from the 70’s… She’s great.

After our meal we were standing near the sink when she pointed at the dishes stacked beside the dish drain, “What’s this all about?”

“Oh,” I said, “that’s Rubi. She can’t stand to have dishes in the drain for very long.”

“I’d really prefer it if she didn’t move my things,” she said.

My heart leapt with joy!

“Yea, me too. I’ve asked her several times but she keeps doing it.” Flashes of ‘Keep your filthy paws off my things! came to mind.

“She is just intolerant and immature,” she said.

Finally! Someone who can see things for what they are!

HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment