Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spoons and Dirty Frogs

This blog is truely theraputic for me. The more I write, the less angry I feel, and the more comical all of Slum's behavior becomes. Last night I got home around 7 in the evening. The house was all dark. Mariana's bike was by the back door, but by all accounts it seemed like the house was empty. But just incase one of them was tucked away in their quiet space, I began to talk to my cat in the most annoying, babish way.

"Hey mamacita!! My hungry kitty!! MY NIÑA NIÑA!!..." This went on for sometime in a very loud, high pitched voice.

Then I went down to the kitchen and fixed myself a nice green salad wiht homemade lemony greek dressing, topped with a peice of salmon I'd grilled the night before. I felt so happy and unaffected by the household politics that I sat down at the ktichen table, in Slum's spot, and began to read the travel literature I'd just recieved from Amazon.

That's when I heard the unmistakable clump clump clump of Slum's heavy feet coming down the stairs. I only looked at her briefly when she entered the kitchen, her snarly mug looking all smushed as if she'd just woken from a heavy slumber. I can only imagine that she must have been nine kinds of miffed that I was sitting in "her spot." Beasts tend to be very territorial.

In an event, I kept munching on my salad and reading my book. She banged around in the kithcen for a while, put something to boil on the stove, and rather than sit in the same room with me, she went to the adjoining dining room, a room none of us ever use. From there I could hear her banging her spoon into a plastic bowl for 10 minutes or so. I was just grateful that it was plastic. When she starts feeding out of a cerramic bowl the banging of the spoon can be heard for miles.

Later in the eveing she got dressed, clomped down the stairs, and left the house. Read: SHE LEFT THE HOUSE! Perhaps she was meeting up with the Parisian guy that stopped by for a house tour a few days ago. Watching the dynamics between them I surmised that they'd met on Craigslist personals. It appeared that frenchie had not bathed or combed his hair in about 2 weeks. Who am I to judge if she's into dirty frogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment