Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Big Christmas Soiree

Tyler insisted on getting a Christmas tree, so as much as I’ve tried to resist this holiday it looks like we are having a big Christmas bash here on Saturday. I went out and bought some things today and then left a note for the others with suggestions on what they could contribute. Grant seemed to be the most enthusiastic about the whole thing even though he doesn’t have any confirmed guests.

“How much beer should I get? I can get a bottle of whiskey and mixers too,” he said cheerfully from his favorite chair in the breakfast nook.

I was carefully folding my laundry as I took it out of the dryer.

“Um, I don’t know… maybe a just a twelve pack and a bottle of whiskey? Other people are going to be bringing stuff so there’s no need to go overboard.”

“Ok. Well, that’s the other thing… All of my friends are bartenders and they work on Saturday nights, so I really don’t have anyone coming,” he said.

“Oh, well don’t worry about buying a lot of stuff if your friends aren’t even coming.”

“Oh, no I didn’t mean that… well, I was thinking of inviting these guys that I hang out with sometimes, but they are like … DRINKERS,” he said with wide eyed expression.

“We will certainly have a few of those here…”

“Yea, but we like, play beer pong and stuff,” he said.

I have no idea what beer pong is, but it sounds like something you do in a frat house.

“Are they going to break stuff?” I asked facetiously.

“Oh no! And they won’t start a fight or anything!”

Famous last words. This party should be a very interesting mix of folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment