Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Novel Plans With Slum

This morning I was IMing with my BFF, Slum, and she said that she was starting a writing project – a novel instead of script. The idea is to commit to writing for two hours everyday. I gave her the thumbs up when she extended an invitation.

“Why don’t we both do it?”

“Like a co-writing project or each write our own novel?” I asked.

I was hoping for the latter because I don’t know what to write about “crazy sex crazed Indian guys that work in IT…”

“We’ll each write our own.”

“That’s a great idea! Sure! Let’s do it!”

I’ve never really had much interest in writing fiction, but what the hell? Why not give it a stab? I have tons of nutty ideas all the time, so I’m going to pick one and stick with it. We’ve given ourselves a 6 month deadline. Seems fair enough.

I immediately left the house and hit the hiking trail to ponder my subject. I have found that being alone in nature, on foot or horseback, is the best way for me to find inspiration. I think I was presented with a story idea that Oprah will love! And everyone knows Oprah can make or break a new author...

What a great idea from Slum, but I’m starting to feel a little guilty about referring to Slum as “Slum." I mean, we're pals now. She's no longer the bane of my existence. It's funny how much I love her now that she's on another continent. I will add her to my long list of successful long-distance relationships. Seems to work better for me... but I digress... So, I’ve thought of switching back to “Rubi,” but I’m not sure how I feel about that.

Thoughts? I know there are at least two religious readers out there. Throw me a bone?

P.S. The no coffee rule on my detox lasted about two hours. So sad... But otherwise I've only eaten blueberries, salmon, and greens with olive oil & lemon juice for two days. My skin looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment