Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Three more days...

I wish I could say I only have three more days of sharing my space, but that is not the case. I walked into a trap this morning. A dirty, tricky little trap. I should have seen it coming.

I woke up bleary eyed and PMS addled to realize that it was not, in fact, all a bad dream. There she was - sleeping on my floor for the 7th morning in a row. While we've made peace and I don't hate her - it is difficult to share a room with anyone I'm not having sex with, and even then, it is a challenge for me.

But what can I do? She's so clingy and needy. I guess I kind of feel sorry for her. Besides, I thought, she's due to leave on the 14th. That's just around the corner.

She must have sensed my foul mood and attempted to cheer me up.

"You know, girls like us really need to have good sex from guys all the time. Then we would be happy and nice."

Girls like us? I could not bring myself to respond to such an asinine comment, so I got up to make coffee. Once I had a nice, hot cup of java in my crabby little hands, I crawled back in bed with it and listened to her prattle on about men, and sex, and then... her car.

She's been storing it someplace in San Francisco and planned to drive it back to deposit it before departure for India.

You should just leave it with me," I said, half joking.

"Really?"

"Sure, I could sort of lease it from you for a very small amount."

She went nuts over the idea saying that the current arrangement in SF was not ideal and that she'd feel better if someone was using it.

A part of me thought it was a great idea. I mean, it can get super cold on the back of a Vespa sometimes, and it does limit my mobility in the evening hours. But a part of me felt a string being attached to my soul.

"I'll call my insurance company today and see how much it will be to add you as a driver. This is so great!" she squealed. "Now, I don't have to leave on the 14th to go to San Francisco. I can stay here with you until the 17th!"

Fuck!!!!

1 comment: