Monday, November 30, 2009

DETOX

The last round of PMS and housemate drama has left me feeling a little depleted. Yesterday I had an overwhelming desire for salad greens. Luckily I had some dark leaf baby greens in the fridge I had picked up a few days a go. I put them in a bowl with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a touch a sea salt. It was the best thing ever! This got me wondering what my body might be missing, so I started googling “craving salad greens.” (What better way to spend a Sunday?) Before I knew it I was reading about the Dr. Perricone Diet that was big a few years back. For me, I just want to do the 3 day detox.

Instead of coffee I have green tea. This is the biggest sacrifice for me. I LOVE coffee! For breakfast – whole oats with blueberries, and then for lunch and dinner – salad greens with olive oil and lemon juice, and salmon. It’s the salmon with its omega-3’s that is supposed to work its magic on my skin, and as Dr. Perricone says, the skin is the biggest organ in the body and a reflection of what’s going with the rest of the organs.

Yes, I realize I’m straying from the subject matter of this blog, so here’s a little bit of weirdness for you: On Friday night, the night I’d had too much to drink, I went downstairs for a little midnight snack before bed. I could hear Grant knocking around in his room and I hoped to get back to mine before he came out. No such luck. I heard him in the hallway.

“Who’s in there?” He yelled from the hallway into the kitchen.

“Um, me… I’m about to leave. Should I leave the light on for you?” I said.

“Yea, um, wait… I’m putting on my shirt.”

I stood there for a moment in confusion until he came into the room.

“Hey, I just shaved my head. Can you check the back of my head for any missed spots?” He said as if it was the most normal request in the world.

“Ok… Um… Yea, it all looks good to me.”

I was sans contacts or glasses so the fact that it “looked good to me” meant very little, but he seemed to be happy.

“Great! Thanks!”

He bumbled back to his room.

Odd, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment