Thursday, October 29, 2009

Cry Baby Dave

So I had what I thought was a decent prospect on the line from Plenty of Fish (hereinafter "PoF"). Pun intended. His name is Dave. He's an artist, a Scorpio, and in touch with his spiritual side. Our email exchanges were going really well and then he sent me a link to his work which is downright spooky, dark, and dungeons & dragonesque. It put me off a little, but I didn't write him off for it.

He's into Chinese energy work called Qi Gong. Kinda cool, right? Then he said this:

I was telling my Qi Gong friend about Louise Hay's mirror work, where you stand in front of a mirror and look yourself in the eyes and say "I deeply and completely love and accept myself." I've done this in the past and it always leaves me balling like a baby ... I didn't start doing mirror work until after I'd done a bunch of other internal work of facing many, many old painful memories.
Woof! A little too much sharing there, Dave. Thanks for letting me know just how damaged you are BEFORE I consented to meet you for coffee! Jesus, it reminded me of that affirmation guy from SNL - "I'm lovable, and smart, and doggonit - People like me!"

Next!

2 comments:

  1. Without the internet , where would you find all these wonderful people that enrich our lives so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, co-creator Paul... but not to fear, when one Dave closes, another one appears. Cyber dating land is filled with Dave's. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete