Friday, November 27, 2009

Missing My Slum

Never in a million years would I have guessed that Slum’s voice over a crackly connection from India would be music to my ears. We’ve been communicating via instant message since she left well over a month ago. Tonight she found me a bit tipsy (ok… drunk) IMing about “boy” problems. It’s her favorite thing to do – give counsel on relationships, so she picked up the phone and called me.

We were on the phone for at least an hour discussing the politics of love, and all the game playing that seems to be involved. She had me laughing my ass off. It’s hard to believe I threatened to break her fingers just a few months ago. She wants to me to come visit her in India. It’s been at the top of my list of places to travel for a while now.

“I have a two bedroom, two bath apartment here! What are you waiting for? Buy your ticket!!”

“Are there ashrams nearby where I can meditate and purge my demons?”

“It’s India! Your demons will instantly disappear!”

I want to go so bad… cheaptickets.com?

As a side note, I ran into Grant on a beer run to the fridge. He was sitting at the dining room table working on his screenplay. We had a nice conversation which involved bashing on the Scientologists. Maybe he's not all bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment