Friday, November 6, 2009

Safe and Shane

Another successful PoF coffee date. Again I was pissing and moaning all the way there. It was after 8:00 p.m. since he works a day job, and we agreed to meet at a coffee joint in Hollywood. That meant bundling up in my coat and scarf and scooting over there after dark, which is not my favorite, but that’s the price I pay for living the Vespa lifestyle.

The ride was actually really refreshing and the venue, Solar de Cahuanga, was cozy with wood décor, oversized ceramic cups, and writers littering the place. I’m glad he picked it. Although he was 20 minutes late, he apologized profusely. I guess he had a hard time finding parking, and unfortunately we had not exchanged phone numbers, only email.

Two hours flew by in no time. We talked about travel, writing, and lots of yoga. We actually know a lot of the same people within the yoga community in LA. He’s an “active” activist – Like, he actually gets out there and donates his time to worthy causes. I’m inspired to do the same.

I’m not sure if there will be a love connection. That remains to be seen. He’s a little younger than me, and he lives way over on the west side of town, so really not an ideal situation there, but I think we’ll stay in touch for sure. We have a lot in common and he seems like a good friend to have – a sincere and kind heart indeed.

1 comment:

  1. so the way is clear for true love with the first one ....hurrah for the web

    ReplyDelete