Sunday, November 15, 2009

Second Date

Last night I went on a second date with Shane (a.k.a. Mr. Lovely Hands). He drove all the way from Santa Monica to pick me up. Before he arrived I got Tyler’s opinion on my outfit – It’s so nice to live with girls you can ask girlie advice of! She gave my jeans and bohemian top the thumbs up.

“Are you nervous?” She asked.

“Mmm… A little… This dating thing is so weird. I’m worried he’s going to try and kiss me!! I just don’t know if I’m ready for that!” I said, laughing at myself.

It’s not like I’m a prude - God, far from it! But kissing a guy that I met on the internet that I really have no background with or link to, just seems… unnatural. I need to take this stuff very slow so I don’t get spooked.

He rang the doorbell just after eight. I was impressed that he did the gentlemanly thing, and came to the door, but I didn’t invite him in.

“So are you ready to go?” I said.

“Yea – let’s do it.”

He asked me about my day and told me about his on the drive to the restaurant. He’s so polite and pleasant. Surely he can’t be like this all of the time. But I guess that’s why people do this dating routine, right? To get to know the other person and see if he or she has qualities that are likable, and flaws that are acceptable.

The conversation rarely had a lull over dinner. We have plenty in common. He is more of a talker than I am, however, and every once in I while I found myself not hearing what he was saying over my own mind chatter – Do I like this guy? He’s got nice hands, nice lips, and good bone structure… hmm. Can I see myself naked with this guy? He’s so nice… I think I’m attracted to him… but I’m not 100% sure… Pay attention to what he’s saying!!

After dinner we decided to call it a night. It had been a busy day for both of us. My mind started to send me into a panic on the ride home. He was talking about fondue and I was thinking – Oh shit! What if he tries to kiss me? This is so awkward. I don’t like this part. He doesn’t seem like the type of guy that will lunge his tongue down my throat… breathe!

When we stopped in front of my house I started babbling.

“Thank you so much for driving all the way to the Glendale, and thank you for dinner, it was really lovely to see you again…”

And then I reached over to give him a hug and he kissed my cheek. It was very sweet.

Like I school girl, I wanted to tell Tyler all the gory details of my date, but alas, she’d already gone to bed, so I was left with my own thoughts tossing around in my head until I finally drifted off into a deep winter’s nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment