Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Vacationing in the 90210

A house sitting gig in Beverly Hills is just what I needed to get away from the house drama. I feel like I'm on vacation. I arrived yesterday afternoon and numbed my brain with four back to back episodes of the Oxygen reality show, Bad Girls' Club. It makes the conflict in my house look like child's play. Later I enjoyed a hot bubble bath with a cup of tea, which sent me into a blissful slumber in a nice, quiet bedroom.

I really feel so relaxed, like I'm on vacation. Unfortunately, I have to return to the house daily to check on and feed my cat. I don't really feel comfortable asking Tyler to do it, and now that I think about it, she always seemed less than thrilled to do it in the past.

Last week I invited her to attend Thanksgiving dinner with me at some friends' house, but now it seems a little awkward. I really feel like she has betrayed me by participating in Grant's bitch fest, yet making me feel like I'm insane for wanting peace and quiet at night when I'm trying to sleep. I'm not sure how that will pan out. I'm not going to dis-invite her. Hopefully she'll just bow out. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the sweetness of my current digs and forget about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment