Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Round One!

So, this Grant idiot is showing his true colors this week. First off, when he moved in he was catless. Then, without asking anyone, he went out and adopted a kitten – just assuming that we were okay with it. There is red flag number one. Even as I was telling Mr. Lovely Hands about the kitten adoption he stopped me and said, “Wait, what? This guy just moved in a few weeks ago and he just adopted a cat without saying anything?? I’m not so sure about this guy…”

Sunday he dragged his laplop up to the “cat room” which adjoins to my room by a small window. The room used to be a balcony before it was closed in to make a sun room. I kept hearing all this banging in there so I went to see what in the hell the cat was doing, but instead found fat ass Grant in there setting up shop with his laptop.

“Oh, hey – what’s up?” I said a little surprised.

“Oh… um, yea, I can’t pick up the internet downstairs so I’m gonna try to see if I can get it in here.”

It’s true that the router is in the cat room, but no one has ever, ever had a problem getting a wireless connection anywhere in the house, upstairs or downstairs, so I’m 100% convinced he is lying.

It must have been obvious that I was bothered by his presence because then he said, “I’m not bothering you, am I?”

Stupidly I said, “No, not at all.”

Seriously, I didn’t think he would return again the next night. Only this time he brought beer. Papst Blue Ribbon. He’s a classy guy. All evening I was distracted from my reading by the “pshhh” of can after can being popped open, and the resulting beer burps. Add to that the fact that he is severely allergic to cats and he's hanging out in the CAT ROOM - sneezing and sniffling... WTF?

I was so irritated that I woke up at 4 a.m. plotting my plan to keep him out of that room, and downstairs where he belongs. Then it hit me… the power strip that he’s plugging his lamp and laptop into is connected to an outlet in my room via a crack in the window. So… I just unplugged it and secured the window. Viola!

I was telling a friend about my master plan and she said, “But that’s mean.”

To which I said, “But I am mean!”

She guilted me into atleast giving the poor slob a reason for disconnecting him – and a valid reason is that there are just way too many things plugged into my outlet. It’s a fire hazard after all.

Then, I got home and realized that the schmuck had pried the window open… Possibly even entering my room to do it. He’s crossed the line. I guess he hasn’t heard about the finger breaking that can go on around here. He’s dangerously close to finding out.

No comments:

Post a Comment