Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Roomies

So Slum and Mariana are distant memories now. Grant and Francine have moved in and brought with them much needed peace and tranquility. What on earth will I write about? Well, beside the trials and tribulations of internet dating, which, quite frankly, is getting old already.

Francine is from Venezuela. She’s a journalist for a Spanish television station. She’s the polar opposite of Mariana. She’s quiet, considerate, and clean. She’s very lady like and has the cutest little accent.

Grant is 100% dude. The other night I went into the kitchen to find him eating fast food with his plumber’s crack peeking out while he watched football. Then a little while later he went into his room and came out with the cutest little kitten in his arms.

“Hey – have you met Lizzy?” He asked.

It was really quite cute – this big dude holding a fragile little kitten. I thought it was strange though, because just the week before he told me that he was severely allergic to cats.

“You picked the wrong house! We have four cats here!”

“Oh, that’s okay. I can just take allergy pills,” he said as if it was no big deal.

I guess it shouldn’t have been any surprise when I overheard his telephone conversation with his father later that evening.

“Dad…. Dad… DAD! I’m not going to overdose on allergy pills…”

I don’t know about that. Last night one of his eyes was so red and swollen it looked like he’d been punched. She sure is one cute kitty though.

No comments:

Post a Comment