Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breakfast and Boobs

The bad news is that Tamiko is moving out. She has to go back to Japan because of a visa issue. I’m really sad to see her go, beside the fact that I really like her, she has also been my ally against the two crazy bitches. The good news is, I’ll be moving into Tamiko’s room, which is the master suite. It’s so big it’s like an apartment inside the house, minus a kitchen, of course. But it will remove me from a lot of the madness that goes on downstairs, including but not limited to, 3 a.m. tea parties. The even better news is that included with the room is the responsibility of “house manager.” So, that means I’ll be the boss of those bitches! There, I managed to use the word “bitches” twice in one post. I’m so hip-hop.

This morning we had a farewell pancake breakfast for her. It was actually pretty nice. Some days I can tolerate Rubi in small doses. She said something this morning that was actually funny. She was supposed to knock on my door at 7-ish so we could all start preparing breakfast for Tamiko, but instead my cat woke me up at 7:30.

“Why didn’t you wake me up? You were supposed to knock on my door at 7:00,” I said to Rubi.

She look at me and paused for a moment before she said, “I’m scared of you dude!”

We all burst into laughter. I guess my mission has been accomplished.

Breakfast was very pleasant for the most part. We had pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh OJ and coffee. My only complaint would be her table manners. She smacks her food. I guess closing your mouth when you eat is not as widely practiced in India as it is in America. And I probably could have done without seeing her boobs. Thankfully, I was able to keep my breakfast down

2 comments:

  1. as you are now house monitor do you get to choose who moves in next ...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but sadly I was Slumdog's biggest advocate after our first meeting. She wouldn't be in the house without my help. No good deed goes unpunished...

    ReplyDelete