Sunday, February 15, 2009

Love on the Rocks

It would seem that Rubi’s long distance love affair has gone awry already. Raj didn’t call her when she thought he should, and once she finally called him, she did not get the reaction she wanted. Apparently his response was “Who is this??” She was appalled and answered, “Me!”

“How many women is he involved with that he doesn’t know the sound my voice?” She directed the rhetorical question at me.

Deeply upset she went on to share that she has a little problem with letting the guy “lead.” This being a complete contradiction to her lesson about being Queen bee and using her DSL connection to the universe to direct and guide the connectivity challenged male species. That said, what could I do but empathize?

“Yes. I know. I have a hard time letting men be men too.”

Then she wanted to give me a physical demonstration to really drive home what she meant.

“Give me your hand.”

I apprehensively gave her my hand. She placed it on top of her fist and started making small circles.

“Just let your hand follow mine. Don’t resist or try to lead, just let your hand follow.”

Ok…,” I said, feeling slightly unnerved by the unsolicited intimate contact.


“Now if I do this…” She gave a little push into my hand which I instinctively resisted.

“See, that is okay. That’s how we give men boundaries, and he will be okay with that, but we have to let them lead.”

I’m not saying she doesn’t throw out a good point here and there, but the inconsistencies put a big hole in her big picture. I guess I’m just confused. I’m sure it will all line up and make sense once I have my big breakthrough. Right?

1 comment: