Monday, February 23, 2009

Morning Meltdown

As the days go by I realize how much Rubi turns my stomach with her know it all attitude and plastic emotions. This morning Mariana had a minor meltdown. We are women. It happens. We were all in the kitchen, and still being half asleep, I didn’t immediately realize what was going on.

“Are you okay, girl?” Rubi asked.

Mariana just nodded with her head hanging, face red and tear-stained, looking like a child that had lost her favorite toy. It was only then that I realized that something was wrong.

“What’s wrong Mariana?” I asked her.

At that point Rubi walked up to her and hugged her from the side and said “I love you.”

What?? You LOVE her? Really?

I wanted to punch her in the face, but I just rolled my eyes and went back to making my coffee. It turned out that what set her off was not having transportation to get to an appointment. That’s when Rubi started in on one of her lectures. I mean, why would she miss this prime opportunity?
Last night, like, I was watching the Oscars, dude, and Kate Winslet won for The Reader and she was like, ‘I have imagined this day since I was 7 years old. I used to sit in the bathtub with a shampoo bottle a imagine this moment.’ So, dude, don’t freak out. You’re gonna manifest what you need.
I had to pipe in before I exploded.

“Or maybe you just had a good cry because you needed to. You just had some energy that needed to be released. Kind of like an orgasm, but not as much fun.”

Mariana laughed. Slumdog ignored the comment and started up her lecture again. Mariana always sticks around to listen to her bullshit, so she’s on her own, but she’s getting a ride from Slum to her appointment, so maybe she’s not as gullible as she seems.

2 comments:

  1. did your slumdog celebrate all the oscar wins? it thought she would be totally thrilled about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know. I can only tolerate being in her presence for about 10 minutes... The Winslet speech took up that time.

    ReplyDelete