Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hello Rubi

Just when things were going so well, I have been presented with a new roommate that is testing my fragile yogic qualities of patience and compassion. Oddly enough, she is from India, the birth place of yoga. Out of several other candidates for the room that was available in our four bedroom mansion on the hill, my vote was emphatically in her favor. If I can't be in India, I figured the next best thing would be to have India in my home. Oh my. Was I wrong.

I'm not sure what I've done to Rubi but she is just about the rudest ***** I've ever had the displeasure of sharing a roof with. She's only been here two weeks and she won't even speak to me when we cross paths in the common areas. I tried to confront Rubi in a house meeting a few days ago, to offer an olive branch and sort out the mystery debacle, but she insisted that there's nothing wrong and no problem between us.

"It is all in your perception," she said to me with a surly snarl. Well, okay.

This morning one of my friendlier roommates cooked up some steel cut oats and invited me to sit down to breakfast with her. So nice! Civilized behavior! Unfortunately, trying to play peacemaker she invited Rubi too. Rubi entered the room and didn't utter a word nor toss a glance in my direction. Pretty typical. Then she started making fresh squeezed juice with the oranges from the tree in the backyard. She then placed a large glass of juice in front of Mariana, and another at her own place setting. Meanwhile, I was distracted by a little IM flirtation that was going down on my laptop, so her infantile attempt to get a dig in did nothing more than make her look petty and stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment