Thursday, February 12, 2009

Privacy Please

All that talk this week about “breakdowns” and “break-throughs” finally got to me. I had one salty dog too many with an out of town visitor on Tuesday eve that rendered me useless yesterday. I was lying around feeling miserable when I heard a knock at my door. It was Rubi wanting me to sit down for tea.

“Hey – you want to come have some chai with me and Mariana?” She chirped.

Through a small crack in the door, trying to hide my disheveled appearance I growled, “No, thanks, I’m in a mood today.”

“Oh, well there is no better way to get you out of a mood than to sit down to tea with us!”

“Um, no, not really. Thanks though…”

[Sound of door shutting AND locking]

I crawled back in bed with my laptop to continue the marathon of Family Guy I had been engrossed in. Then I heard light tap, tap, tapping on my door. I ignored it. Tap, tap, tap again, pause… and then it went away. Honestly, has she no respect for personal space?

After that the two love birds starting watching movies on Mariana’s laptop in the breakfast nook. Their incessant cackling sending me into irrational fits of rage. They sat there for hours, until Mariana finally went to bed around 10:00, but Rubi stayed there until God only knows when, surely out of pure spite.

No comments:

Post a Comment