Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Walls? What Walls?

Admittedly I’m suffering from a severe bout of PMS this week, but I’m really getting very close to knocking someone’s block off in this house. Mariana might be the winner. I was sitting quietly at my desk feeling “in the zone” writing my morning pages when a voice broke the spell…

Marissaaa?”

WTF? It’s Mariana in the kitchen, yelling my name, not through one door, but two. More than a little annoyed I got up and went into the kitchen.

“Yes?” You ill mannered imbecile…

“How do I get the electricity to the microwave to come back on?”

Seems that the eight electric heaters running in Rubi’s room are overloading the circuits and tripping the switches. So unusual for her to only think of herself…

“You need to go outside, open the little box, and figure out which switch has tripped. The heaters in her room,” I pointed up, “are overloading the circuits.”

“Is she here?”

“I don’t know…” I said indignantly.

Then she bumbled out into the hallway and ignored MORE walls and doors.”

Rubiii?”

No answer?

Rubiii?”

Tamikooo?”

“Is your electricity on?”

Pause. Tamiko must have answered.

“Yea. It’s just that I was flipping switches so I wanted to make sure your electricity is on.”

For f***’s sake. I guess she would deal with it if her electricity is off… far less annoying that your voice penetrating her little sanctuary.

I had no choice but to blast Lo Fidelity All Stars to drown the noise and “launder my karma.”

No comments:

Post a Comment